Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Girl You STANKY

Stinky pads! We all have those pads that are RAUNCHY! Your not sure how to clean them? Afraid about putting them in the washing machine, maybe thought about running them through the dish washer? Well I have some tips that hopefully help you! I know that I sweat like a hog in the July sun. This have worked for me.

First things first; take your stuff out of your bag AND car every night after practice and let it air dry completely before putting back in your skate bag! I made the mistake one time and left them in my bag, in my car for a week...I got to practice opened my bag took out my skates and they were moldy (not cool) If you can lay everything out for a few days.

If your pads are not "to bad" you could spray your pads and helmet with Lysol or a cheap Vodka (diluted with water mix)[3 parts vodka 1 part water] this will kill the bacteria that grows and makes your stuff stink. DO NOT Lysol your helmet unless you would like to be at your next practice and have your sweat burn your eyes!

Nothing will ever get your pads as clean as using the washing machine, BUT before you go tossing your gear in the wash you better slow down. Attach all the Velcro so they don't snag each other and get all stretched out. Then you could put them in a mesh bag to keep them from getting to banged around in the washer. I wash my pads in cold water. I use Tide and Snuggle :) Use what ever you prefer.

If you don't have your own washer you could get by; by giving your pads a bubble bath! Fill your bathtub or sink with water as hot as you can stand it. Then you can add color safe bleach or white vinegar. I like using the vinegar and it is better on your hands. But again use what you like better. It never hurts to try more than one way. I mean it's not like you are only going to have to wash your pads once, you will defiantly have to more than once :)

Now for your stinky skates.... this is really strange yes I know but it works! If you put Gold Bond Powder in your skates, wrap them in plastic wrap and stick them in the freezer over night! I don't know why this works but it does! For me at least it did!

Stinky feet?? Fill a pan or bucket with water as hot as you can stand. Add tea bags and soak your feet until the water is cold or room temperature Your feet will turn a brown but it works wonders. I have the stinkiest feet you could ever image and this method did me wonders!

Hope this helps!!
If you have any tips of your own let me know!!

~Thump-Her


No comments:

Post a Comment