Saturday, August 31, 2013

Installing Your New Bearings

Looking for an easy way to pull your bearings? Easy way to put them in? Sure a bearing press would be nice but your on a budget? Well if you have a vice or know someone that does then your good to go! I made a video on how to put in bearings easy, quick, painless and affordable! Now some may call me a redneck but hey this works, gotta do what you can with what you have! Wish I would have asked my dad to help me sooner (would have saved me a lot of work and time!)
Things Needed:
Vice
Socket (same size as bearing, so you don't dent bearing plate)
Wheels
Bearings
Instructions:
First- Using your fingers put the bearing in the wheel so it is straight, it wouldn't work if you try to put it in at an angle
Second- Sometimes you can get it to go with with out using the vice if that is not the case line the socket up with the bearing and start to tighten up the vice.
Third- Once it is snug and you no longer have to hold the wheel and socket you can watch as you tighten as the bearing easily goes into place you can keep going until it will not go any more (now remember you don't need to be King Kong and use all the strength in the world, just enough to get the job done. I wasn't willing to see what could happen if I went to far.
Fourth- Loosin' up the vice and remove wheel and socket.
Fifth- Next Side :)
Watch the video below! 

Like I said, this may not be the best way, but hey you gotta do what you can with what you got! There is a million ways to do one thing, but as long as they get the job done who cares! I hope this helps! If you have a strange way of doing this, make a video, comment below; I love learning new ways!!
~Thump-Her

No comments:

Post a Comment