Monday, November 4, 2013

27 Laps in 5 Minutes

So its the time for you to test your speed skills. The dreaded 27 in 5. When I skated it was 25 in 5. Easy math right. 5 laps in 1 minute. Now with this funky math while I'm skating I can pace myself. Back in August I "tried" and got 23 in 5. I tested every few weeks and improved by 1 lap each time. Now last night I got 29 in 5. I kept telling myself "Go faster" You really should be at about 12-13 seconds per lap; and keep that pace. Remember to skate your pattern and keep your legs moving at all times. Don't forget to BREATH in through your nose, out through your mouth. I like to pep talk myself while going. Telling myself aloud to push it. Once you get to your 27 laps push yourself to see how many more you can get in the 5 minutes. Once you nail the 27 it is a relief. I felt that the laps were the only thing hold me back from passing my skills test. Now all I have is my blocking and hitting.
Skate hard, turn left :)

~Thump-Her

No comments:

Post a Comment