Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Skater On A Budget

Like many skaters I am broke as a joke. All my spare money goes to derby. Now I have reached a point with my skates that I feel this is the last time I can fix them. But in case any one else has this issue with there skates this is a very temporally fix.

                                                        When you skates look like this
It is time to get a new pair or try to fix to get you by. 

Things you will need: 
1) C Clamp
2) Gorilla Glue


So now you can try to pull about the boot as much as you can and insert gorilla glue in as far as you can and cover as much as the bottom as possible. This will insure that it stays together longer. I had done this once before and it lasted about a month until I scrimmaged and then both boots ended up looking like this. So like I said before this is very temporary.  Once you got it all covered in glue position the boot where you would like it and clamp it down. 

So now all you have to do is let it dry. You should let it dry for at least 24 hours. Now the glue will expand and some will show. If you are a neat freak I'm sure you could sand it down. I just picked off as much as I could and left the rest. This is derby not a beauty pageant. 

I have decided to get the Reidell She Devil. This is just going to get me by until I get my new skates. I'm looking forward to a new pair since all my skates have been pre-owned. 
I hope this helps a fellow skater. Skating on a small budget really sucks. But you gotta do what you can do to chase your dream <3

~Thump-Her



No comments:

Post a Comment