Thursday, January 2, 2014

Break

 Being part of a team is awesome. But have you ever wondered if you were too involved, or maybe even obsessed? 

 In August I was so excited to be apart of a team again; to be playing a sport I loved. But I quickly became so involved that was all I could think about. I didn't realize how much time I spent thinking about derby; watching derby videos; reading about it. 
 
 It wasn't until my last practice of 2013 I realized that maybe I needed this month of December off. Not that I was overwhelmed with it but the fact that I needed a reality check. My boyfriend and I had gotten into an argument and he pointed out derby had come first. Derby was my life and that is fine until a point. It was to the point he was jealous of derby. This really made me step back and think maybe I was being a little obsessive towards derby. 

 So I told myself and him that for the month of December I wasn't going to talk about derby. And for the most part I didn't maybe a few comments but that was it nothing major. So going into the new season; the new year I won't be as into derby as I was for the last 6 months. I will still blog but I will not allow derby to rule my life. Derby will just be apart of my life. 

 I don't want anything to have control of my life but myself. 

Happy New Year! 

~ Thump-Her

No comments:

Post a Comment