Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Slippin'

So, you bout on a Saturday night. End up with whiplash and your out for two weeks. You come back and you roll your ankle ten minutes into practice. Swells up like a ballon.
(Photo is after being in an direct ice bucket for 10 minutes) 
 Go to the doctor, results in a ligament pulling a piece of bone out. So you are out for a month. Your month is up and you are ready to hit the track, you have one practice and you are feeling great! A few days later not even at derby and you pull a ligament in your knee. You can't catch a break? You feel like shit. You were so ready to be back. Not only for yourself but for your team. Your the captain but you are just down in the dumps and can't dig yourself out of this pit. 
You have a team that needs you, your scared to go back because you have been gone so long. But what do you do? 
You recieve an email from the other captian asking you to return. And if you didn't that ment finding another captain that could be there. 
How did that make me feel? Crushed. Torn. Upset. Not because I could be voted out but because I let my team down. Letting my personal issues affect my derby. Derby that I worked so hard for. 
So what do I do? Of course I go to the next practice and try to hop in and get back to it, but everyone has moved on. Yes they are excited to see me. But have advanced more than me. The weaker skater before has improved so much! It shows how much I have missed. Shows how important it is for me to be here for my team. 
This is just going to make me want to be here more. To show me that I really need to be here. That I will be here. That I won't let my team down again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment