Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Come Back

So, Coming back after a long time being away! 5 months of being out of derby SUCKS! But the return has been bitter sweet! With one bout under my belt since I have been back and another one coming up I am more ready than ever! To make it even better. My first bout back I was voted MVB (Most Valuable Blocker) which was AWESOME due to the fact that  I didn't feel like I had done that well. Especially finishing off the night with 6 penalties and 4 of which were acquired in the first 15 minutes of the bout! Shout out to the Dubuque Bomb Squad for such a fun bout and a pretty cool venue at CourtSide!
                                       Off to the box I go! PHOTO BY: Danforth Johnson

 Want to know something even BETTER? It was our first WIN of the season. Which was a Huge thing in itself. This team the Old Capitol City Roller Girls- Ped Maulers just started. We are considered the "B Team" but we take is just as serious as the Charter team does. It was just an over all GREAT bout! I am super proud of my team. I am PROUD to be their caption. This DERBY HIGH has me super pumped about our season ending bout at home on October 25th Monster's Brawl! Hope to see you there! It is going to be super fun! Make sure to wear your SPOOKIEST Halloween costume!
Waiting for the jam to begin. PHOTO BY: Danforth Johnson

I feel like whenever I get my photo taken it looks like I am just standing there! Oh well!
PHOTO BY: Danforth Johnson




No comments:

Post a Comment